The GC100 is conducted on roads that are also being used by the general public and all riders are required to comply with the regulations set out in the Special Event Permit issued by the Queensland Police Service. Most of these are as you would expect but we do need to make sure that participants are aware of these regulations:
• The authorised route is to be followed and no deviations made;
• Any children participating need to be fully supervised;
• Cyclists are to obey all laws and regulations for the State of Queensland;
• Cyclists are to immediately obey any lawful direction of a Police Officer;
• Cyclists shall not unreasonably obstruct the path of pedestrians;
• Cyclist shall not run more than two abreast.
DISCLAIMER, WAIVER and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The Rider acknowledges and agrees that participation in this event as a bike ride is inherently dangerous and that the rider participates at his or her own risk. The rider also acknowledges that he/she is required to register to ride in the event and pay the set fee in doing so.
In consideration of the riders involvement as a participating rider in the GC100 and associated events, (The RIDE) the rider acknowledges that he/she indemnifies the Rotary Club of Parkwood Inc and its members and volunteers from and against all actions claims suits loss liability and demands whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the rider may suffer in connection with the ride or any other aspect of the event including any such claims that arises as a result of negligence, breach of care or duty or other fault.
The rider attests that he/she is physically capable of participating in the ride of his/her choice and has ensured their own medical fitness before participating.
The Rider hereby consents to receive any medical treatment that in the opinion of the on site paramedics or medical officers is required to be provided to the rider in the event of illness or injury.
The Rotary Club of Parkwood Inc may at its absolute discretion and without reason refuse to allow a rider to commence or continue to compete in the Ride without reason.
The Rider acknowledges that he/she will at all times follow the directions of the Ride Marshalls, The Chief Marshall and of other persons authorised by the Chief Marshall.
It is the rider’s responsibility to satisfy themselves of the location nature and direction of the ride in which he or she is participating and to read all communications published on the web page and in any emails sent to the rider.
If the Rider is not the person who has completed and acknowledged these terms conditions and disclaimer, then the person doing so acknowledges that he/she will provided a copy of this Disclaimer, Waiver and acknowledgement to all riders on whose behalf he/she has registered.
The Rider acknowledges that photographic images of him or her may be taken or videos maybe filmed that include the rider and hereby expressly consents to the use of those images and/or videos by the Parkwood Rotary Club Inc in any promotional advertising or other media release.
If the rider is under the age of 18 years as at the date of the ride, the rider acknowledges that he/she is riding with the consent of an adult or guardian and has the express permission and consent of that adult or guardian to do so.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CASH PRIZE DRAW..GC100 2019
1. The prize draw is open to all registrants who register to ride in either the 50km or 100 km ride in the GC100 Charity Bike Ride 2018 with the exception of those noted at * below.
2. The rider MUST be registered to ride, have paid in full prior to the event and ride (or attempt to ride) in the event.
3. The winner which will be drawn randomly from a list of entrants and must be in attendance for the draw on 19 May 2019. Proof of identification will be required before payment is made. If the riders is not immediately identified and able to collect the payment at the time of the draw, then the prize will be redrawn.
4. The cash prize draw is a one off payment of $500- to be made to the winning entry by cheque or bank transfer at the discretion of the Rotary Club of Parkwood Incorporated to the winning entrant.
5. The Kids Prize draw of $20- will have applied the same terms and conditions as outlined above as they pertain to either the GC6 or GC2 ride. All minors must also be registered to ride in either event to be eligible.
*Riders riding as part of the Condev entrants or Rotary Club of Parkwood entrants and the immediate families and/or relatives