The GC100 is conducted on roads that are also being used by the general public and all riders are required to comply with the regulations set out in the Special Event Permit issued by the Queensland Police Service. Most of these are as you would expect but we do need to make sure that participants are aware of these regulations:
• The authorised route is to be followed and no deviations made;
• Any children participating need to be fully supervised;
• Cyclists are to obey all laws and regulations for the State of Queensland;
• Cyclists are to immediately obey any lawful direction of a Police Officer;
• Cyclists shall not unreasonably obstruct the path of pedestrians;
• Cyclist shall not run more than two abreast.